4 Key Metrics for Employer Group Reporting
If you are a health plan, you know that as the Affordable Care Act takes hold, employers are demanding more from their health plans to ensure they are getting value from their investment. Employers need monthly or quarterly report packages that enable easy analysis of their health benefits spend. Simple summaries of employee health information are not up to par in today’s market. Having the ability to showcase key metrics about cost, utilization, patient health, and benchmarks is now the rule not the exception.
As employers contemplate their options (e.g. traditional employer health plans, state exchanges) health plans must demonstrate innovation in the way they meet or exceed the needs of their employer customers.
In this healthcare analytics brief you will learn:
- The 4 key metrics that every employer group report should contain to demonstrate value
- How to utilize each metric to both measure historical healthcare spend AND help drive future plan design decisions
- How benchmarks can help properly evaluate cost and utilization metrics
- The trends in managing expense seasonality.
- The importance of high quality data to drive better decisions
If you are Business Analyst or C-Level Executive looking to produce the kinds of reports that your employers need and value, this Milliman MedInsight brief provides important expertise and insight you can only get from Milliman.